- What is an Electrical Installation License?
Electrical Installation License (EI License) is a license that is issued by the Energy Market Authority (EMA) to permit the consumer to use or operate the electrical installation at the stated address in Singapore. Without this license, the stated electrical installation is not permitted to be put into operation.
- Which Electrical Installations in Singapore are required to apply for an EI License?
Not every electrical installation in Singapore is required to apply for an EI License.Installations which does not require an EI License is as follows:
- Domestic Installations
- Non-Domestic Installations < 45kVA (63A at 415V)
- However, where a non-domestic installation < 45kVA is dealing with hazardous goods, an EI License is still required.
- How long is an Electrical Installation License in Singapore valid for?
The EI license is valid for one year and it has to be renewed annually with EMA.
- How is the Electrical Installation License applied or renewed?
The application of Electrical Installation License (EI License) or renewal of the license can only be done through a Licensed Electrical Worker (LEW) of the appropriate level. The LEW has to be appointed by the holder of the EI License.
- What is the purpose of having a licensing scheme?
The purpose of having a licensing scheme is to ensure that installations in Singapore are properly maintained.
Do contact us if you require a LEW to apply for the Electrical Installation License.